September Wrap Up

October 03, 2017
Ah spring- my favorite season of the year. Its been a particularly good month for reading, especially considering I'm approaching the end of the year, which means exams and assignments are starting to pile up- despite that, I managed to get a good amount of reading in (maybe a little too much actually.)

Some of the books on my list are rereads- granted I last read them five years or so ago.
Any reviews I have for the books will be linked down below.

So lets get right into it:

  • Daughter of smoke and bone-             Laini Taylor                    4/5 starts

  • The His dark materials trilogy-           Phillip Pullman               5/5
          - northern lights (the golden compass)                                        4/5
          -The subtle knife                                                                          5/5
          -The amber spyglass                                                                    5/5

  • Trial by fire-                                        Josephine Angelini          3/5

  • The call-                                              Peadar Ó Guilín               3/5

  • Fire blood-                                           Elly Blake                       3/5                    Review

  • Uprooted-                                            Naomi Novik                   4/5                    Review

The his dark materials series is a reread for me- and I enjoyed it this time around even more than I enjoyed it the last two times I read the series- it just keeps getting and better.

Uprooted and daughter of smoke and both were both highly enjoyable reads. Uprooted is a stand alone (sad, I know) but I'm definitely planning to read the rest of the Laini Taylor's series.

I also had the privileged of reading a friend of mines unpublished manuscript- it deals with issues such as physical and emotional abuse in relationships and the shaming of women's sexuality, and I'm really hoping it gets published soon!!!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.